View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2022, 12:59 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think what gets missed in the painted/unpainted debates a lot is that the folks who aren't backing because it's not painted aren't choosing between unpainted Heroscape minis and other unpainted minis. They're choosing between buying up existing out of print or custom painted figures and unpainted Heroscape minis. And if they only want to play with painted minis, the argument that this is the only way to get more Heroscape (which will be unpainted) isn't very compelling to them.

If something isn't the right choice for someone's dollars according to them, the person who'd be spending the dollars, I don't think we need to be in the habit of telling them why they're wrong. It's their dollars! No one could be more right than they could.
Definitely a fair point to bring up. If those folks who only want pre-painted minis don't want to put their money towards AoA, that's fine and more power to them. It could very well be that those folks also don't partake in other unpainted miniatures lines, which leads me to wonder if those same people should ignore AoA?

The way I see it (and the point I was getting at in my previous post is), people who want pre-painted minis are currently unhappy with the unpainted minis offered in the Vanguard set; however, if the set offered pre-painted minis at a much steeper price, I suspect those people (among many others) would be priced out of the offering and upset about that. It's a situation where we can't have it both ways like we did back in 2004-2010.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work