View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2018, 10:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I can get behind a restricted list. I've not played enough to feel that way yet, but God willing someday will. Seems like a simple way to keep army builds from becoming stagnant.
I've been playing competitively since 2009, running tournaments since 2010, and I've never thought army builds were "stagnant."

Do not implement something like this unless your local meta actually needs it, is my suggestion. If your local people are bringing the same armies over and over, then go ahead with it. But don't do it if you don't need to.

My 2 cents.
I agree Dadscaper. What I'm planning on doing here soon is to set up different formats where maybe some of the top tier armies might not do as well. Make those players that bring the same army rethink it a little. Its all in good fun to make new game modes anyway. I would do it like that instead of making a restricting list. By the way since this is the Cathar Spearmens Book I might mention that I only lost 1 game in my last tournament to a spam army of these guys combined with the airborne elite. After their Airborne elite got to land on turn 1 and kill half of my army with grenades the cathars finished me of course.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo