View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2019, 02:22 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
This is looking like a super cool project! Just some thoughts:
  • The unpainted figures look pretty rough, even the transparent ones. Not a big fan of introducing a bunch of translucent figures to the game. But on a much more positive note, the sculpts look good otherwise, and I've seen some pictures on the internet with a very minimal paint job that makes things look pretty stinking good.
  • At first I was a bit sceptical of the "all unique" thing, mostly cuz I figured, hey, 2 of the official master sets had commons, and if you made the fire critters common heros you could expand the elementals and 3 common heros is plenty. But then I realized that the fire critters don't really work as elementals, and I figured hey unique squads are cool!
  • Any thoughts on giving the glyphs of knowledge and recall new heroscapey names? If you're gonna print out cards then I don't think it'd be too much to ask to print out a glyph picture to glue to the glyphs. That'd be cool and artsy I think.
Anyway, super cool project, looks like it's moving along well, I'd love to help out.
By all means, please lend a hand! Toss ideas in here, and feel free to join up with Pod 1 (who never got completely filled).

Using the unpainted/translucent figures does open up an actual Master Set that anyone can pick up the 3 individual boxes and have an actual variety of units. It’s worth the trade if we can get squads made (and a few extra heroes!) Additionally, simple paint jobs will be made to really give them some life! For Ozuul (the big Eldrazi Ruiner figure), I had considered painting his hands and arms black, but in the style of bloodstains. For Avacyn, I was thinking grey wings and spear. Really give her that Angel feather look with a single color. But, all art stuff has to wait until we get some more designs down.

Uniques are fun! Look at RotV; after all these years it’s still fun right out of the box with plenty of variety.

Regarding Glyphs, it looks like we might stick to what’s written on the glyphs for now, but it hasn’t been super decided yet. It doesn’t help that several members of that pod have been occupied with other aspects of life. I’d expect a resurgence real soon!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.