View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I really want that angle of only being together because of Lord Recluse to come through.
You could still maintain that direction and mirror the CoH gus more by giving the CoV types a common power that keys up to a Mastermind (or Crime Lord or whatever the heck Lord Recluse is).

In general I'd just really avoid the "recruitment" type angle you were outlining for the Lord of Arachnos power. Like, if he can pull a Magneto (II) and yoink some rando into his web (eh?), that's probably fine, but it feels like an awkward mechanic to bring together a faction that should work out of the box.

Mostly preserving the style of thing you're after with Lord of Arachnos but reworking it like I'm talking about, I mean like, on the mooks, something to the tune of:

Quote:
LOOK AT ME, I'M A WHOLE CITY OF VILLAINS
If another figure with this special power has already inflicted at least one wound on an enemy figure this player turn, this dude gets such and such a bonus. Or some other sort of "hey we're competing" type theme twiddle.
And then on Lord Spider-Man:

Quote:
LORD OF ARACHNOS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with this dude, you may take a turn with two dudes that have that first special power I was just talking about. Maybe you only get the second turn if the first one dealt wounds, whatever.
IMO something like that would not put a ton of text on the mooks' cards, but it would make them feel a lot more like the CoH characters in terms of faction structure, while still making Spider Guy the central figure.