View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2015, 10:48 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

This is my battle report, such as it is, about the total chaos that was
Secret Wars!!!

We gathered more or less on time, a rarity for us. After Sherman regaled us with some bathroom humor concerning Beyonder and Spiderman, and we finished our relative repasts and refreshed our beverages, the armies, cards, markers, dice, and dice trays being already in position (thanks to chas, He Who Owns All of Heroscape), we were ready to begin.

Soul Shackle's
SEEKING SOLITUDE

The map was as advertised, flat out gorgeous, an excellent choice by Taeblewalker. We scouted about after dark, and spotted Beyonder in the distance.

After checking out the interior, only a dark shadow visible in our intelligence pictures, we returned to our Start Zone.

Taeblewalker, playing his role of arrogant Doctor Doom to the hilt, refused to discuss strategy, other than to declare his intention to charge out with Braxas into the teeth of the do-gooders' defense.

A Moment of Peace

Braxas fell almost immediately. Then Taeblewalker had another of those runs of bad luck he is prone to, and lost the rest of his army in short order. My ranged strategy fell apart rapidly, as I over extended Magneto, who fell after being summoned by Beyonder. I found myself threatened by, and ran around trying to avoid, one on ones with Thor. Spawn tried to be thuggish, but 9 Lives go fast with only 4 Defense against 9 Attack.

Spawn initially took a shot at the McDirks with his Heavy Machinegun, but whiffed his first roll. They were soon thereafter no longer a threat, their Champion, Captain Marvel, having been offed.

[to be continued]