View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart
Re: General Fan Art and Fiction Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Sorry for the double, and now triple post, but I just had a brain wave. While reading the OP on the fan fic competition for random reasons, I thought up another fan fic competition. It would go something like this:
It would be a bit like CoN, rather than the fan fic competition. You would each pick your character, but it has to be one that you have written about. Then someone, who, I'm not sure yet, would set the stage, like the story teller, and asign sides or something. And then... the battle would ensue, via writing. One side would go first, and they could confer amongst themselves as to who would start off. Then the other side would reply. The setting could be anything: unseen assassins lurking in the dark, a raid by torchlight, a full pitch battle, anything. There are obviously a few problems, the largest being the number of narrow escapes that would be bound to occur, but it just sounded like a cool idea to me. What do you guys think?
~TGRF.
P.S. To put it in clear terms, each contestant chooses a character from his or her own fan fiction. They will play with that character. There would probably be a story teller of sorts, and he would set the stage and assign sides and such. The contestants then send their characters into battle against the other writers' characters one by one, by writing a 'chapter' of the contest, in which their character goes into battle and battles someone on the other side. It's a bit vague yet, but it sounded really cool to me.
Sooooo basically like Prison Faction but with sides and rules?