View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zaibatsu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zaibatsu View Post
I am currently playing Heroquest by games workshop I'm sure some of you have heard of it.
Do you mean Warhammer Quest, or Heroquest by Milton Bradly?
Played the Capture the flag varient of Doom the Boardgame this evening, as well as a game of Liar's Dice.

Heroquest by Milton Bradly, good old fashioned simple fun. I hear that Warhammer Quest was a bit more advanced. I have always really enjoyed Heroquest and I hope that DnD scape can give me a thrill close to what Heroquest gave me.
I agree that Heroquest is pretty simplistic, and that is it's redeeming strength. You can get in and out in an hour and not have to worry about a Brain Burster situation.

Warhammer Quest is the natural evolution of Heroquest - player characters and monsters have more stuff, more abilities, and more options. You can play with a GM, or totally cooperatively thanks to some simple and intuitive "Monster AI" rules, and you can add in campaigning rules or just do "One Shots". There are a ton of custom tables online for WHQ for more Dungeon Tiles, Events, Monsters, Scenarios, etc.