View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
April seems interesting but I am also a bit confused about it being normal snow/ice.
I know, right? Shall we just agree to make it heavy snow/normal ice?

Quote:
We always say we'll use glyphs and we never do. I'd of course be up for it but I'm not a big treasure glyph fan.
I'm okay with only using non-treasure glyphs. I'm okay with pretty much anything as regards glyphs, honestly. If we actually manage to use them this year, it'll be a refreshing change of pace. And, if we don't ... business as usual, I suppose.

Quote:
Xotli you do have my Marcu don't you. Haha. (Sadly, I haven't played Scape since this time last last year and so haven't noticed.)
Yeah, I haven't played much since last year either, TBH. I ran across the double Marcu action when I was going through my filler box. And then I found the card with your initials on it and was like, ohhhh yeah ... I borrowed that, didn't I?

This year I swear we're going to make a list of who borrows what and go around at the end and make sure everything gets back where it belongs.

Quote:
Also, I think I won a repainted Guilty at some point so I may have a spare original paint Guilty. I'll look into it.
Well, you certainly don't have to, but, you know ... if he's just lying around useless ...

I'm 95% sure he's here at the house somewhere, but I cannot lay hands on him (and the kids haven't been able to find him either). I was proxying Shotgun Sullivan for him in my practice game, but I think I'm going to reconfigure some stuff and not need him after all. But someone may yet want to toss him in somewhere (I've still got to help plan out about 10 armies), so it'll be helpful if someone has an extra at least for borrowing, that'd be nifty.

Quote:
Also, could I maybe borrow a couple squads of stingers again?
Sure, no problem. Added to my "pack" list.

Quote:
Excited to see y'all!
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I hope you guys don't mind me crossing state lines into your thread here, ...
No, sure, c'mon in.

Quote:
... but I like to nose around to see what other groups do for NHSD and saw you talking about April and thought I'd offer some input. I actually did originally design it for Heavy Snow/Normal Ice, but changed the snow in consideration of super competitive metas – mainly because 6-move figures like Rats could hit each glyph in 2 turns while 5-move figures took 3. But if you have a more chill group of 'Scapers (like most groups here) then changing the snow to heavy should be just fine!
Well, it looks to me like you can get to the glyphs without ever touching the snow, if you want to. And whatever you save cutting across the snow you lose again because it's a (half-)level up. So I'm not sure why the ARV judges felt that making it normal snow helped that much. But I'm glad to see we're pretty much all in agreement here that normal snow isn't really adding anything to the map. Normal ice, at least, is a half-height tile with no other special properties, which isn't true of any other tile. But normal snow may as well be sand or grass, as I mentioned up above.

So, yeah, let's go with heavy snow / normal ice. And I think we should use the glyphs on the ice, but not the two Brandar/treasure glyphs. That's just my .

Quote:
I hope you enjoy the map!
Hey, thanks to you (and the rest of the ARV) for getting us something new to play on this year.

Quote:
Oh, and while I'm here, I've got to give a thanks to you guys for inspiring our NHSD format – we're using a restricted list based heavily off of the ones you're using and I'm looking forward to see how it affects our tournament.
Great! I personally think it's helped a lot by stamping out a lot of the same-old-same-old armies we were seeing—redcoats and hyrdas, Q9 and rats, etc—without being as restrictive as some of the other lists out there, because half your go-to filler units are on the restricted list. It forces everyone to be a bit more creative and we end up seeing a wider variety of units at the table. Let us know how it goes for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V