View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player?

This is kind of a silly thread.

Coming to the conclusion that anyone but Mattser or Spider is the best main event player by making up some bogus formula doesn't prove anything.

They've both won it twice. They've both made it to day 2 thrice.

The only time spider didn't make day 2, he tied Neo (2nd place from the year before), and lost only to the guy who won it all. 2 of his 3 wins even came against people who made it to day 2. The two years that he won it all, he went undefeated both days, which is something that Mattser hasn't done. Kind of funny that the year he makes it to day two playing 50 points fewer than nearly everyone else was his 'worst' year.

Mattser has won it twice, and lost to the guy who got in second (lonewolf) the year he didn't go on to win. Until this year, he was the only player to beat spider in the main event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; August 23rd, 2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: I think I should make a spreadsheet with a -100 "shame factor" for losing to Gurei-Oni