View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2015, 09:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I thought there was a specific figure for these guys, it was a guy in green with a gun. If not and a figure is needed, I can go though my minis and offer up some options.
Couldn't find a specific figure back when I started these guys and really got the idea off a couple figures that I found in a bargin bin at a local used toy store. However when I posted those figures it turned out they were pretty expensive figures from Horrorclix line I believe. My son found our one metropolis SCU figure and thought it looked like the MRD picture and I agreed it was the closest thing we could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Cool stuff Japes!

Just with a first glance, I wondered if someone would question whether or not the 2 additional MRD's get to activate after the first 2 did and at least 1 of them was within 6 spaces of a Mutant, or if you needed at least 1 MRD within 6 spaces of a Mutant at the start of your turn to get the extra 2 MRD's to activate.

Quote:
MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. If there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with up to two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.
Yes the intent is for it to activate if they are visible at the start of the turn. The theme is that they are "on patrol" in groups of two but upon contact with a Mutant they call in backup and swarm in force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I though Mutant Assault Force would work better as a single sentence, but maybe it's a little too long:
Quote:
MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control, or up to four M.R.D. Troopers you control if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control at the start of your turn.
Split into two:
Quote:
MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. At the start of your turn, if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.
Trooper seems a little weird to me as a class. Maybe Soldier?

Other than that, they look good to me. There's pretty much no reason to draft them if your opponent doesn't have Mutants, but I don't think that's a bad thing.
Without mutants they are pretty much a two man squad of humans but yeah their main reason for existence is mutant extermination/capture.

One sentence seems long and your second attempt is better than mine but I can work on it some more.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.