View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well met!

Agreed. This may be a Workshop Thread..but typically it’s appreciated by those who participate in giving feedback that the unit has a clear vision and some playtesting already done. I view this thread as a place to go for fine tuning rather than a full rework and the reworks here are changing so much this is something that needs to happen in your own customs thread.

My suggestion on an SoV submission process:
1) design the unit how YOU want it in your customs thread
2) look for feedback and workshopping in YOUR customs thread
3) playtest your Version of the unit 2-3 times
4) make adjustments as needed and ask for feedback in YOUR thread until you come to a point where you like it
5) playtest it another 2-3 more times
6) repeat #4 and #5 as much as you feel it’s needed
7) THEN come to the Pre-SoV workshop with a clear vision and some testing to back up the design. Doing this will make it a lot easier for people to give good honest feedback and help you refine a design.
repeat #4&5 as needed until the design is at a point where you as the designer can say it’s ready to Submit. ~ Sir Heroscape

I hear you. Moving this conversation to where it belongs . . .