View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 11:10 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dragonix View Post
Could someone help me out? I'm having trouble locating where in the rulebook or faq it specifically says that you must attack with the same common figure that you moved with.

It's been a while since I played, but I can only find places where it seems to be implied by the working of cards like the Zombies. However, that could be seen as just a reminder that you can attack with any 3 Zombies, not just those activated by the Horde Movement.

I'm looking for something that firmly states you must attack with the figures you moved. And, related to that, where it says that you can choose to move less that a full squad of figures and save your extra attacks for any figures that didn't move.
In the FAQ, the first paragraph under Movement:
Quote:
Movement
Does each individual member of the squad move and attack before the next one, or do they all move, then all attack in turn?
First you may move any or all Squad figures shown on your chosen Army Card (up to the figure limit on that Army Card), if you want to. Then after all desired movement, you may attack with those figures.
In the D & D Rulebook, in the glossary under Common Figures:
Quote:
Common Figures: Each Army may have any number of a Common
Army Card with the same name. If your Army has two or more of the
same Common Army Card, you do not have to keep these figures
separate (that is, keep track of which figures belong to which card).
For example, if you are using two Army Cards of Deepwyrm Drow
figures, each order marker placed on either Army Card activates
any three of them. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and
Uncommon Figures.
There is no specific definition of "activate", but the interpretation (by the game designer and the players) has been that even if you don't move all the "figures shown on your chosen Army Card" (the number of figures), you have still "activated" the full number. The rule about movement says that those you did move are potential attackers. But that, since you did not move all you could, you have a "floating" activation for each un-moved figure that can be used for attacking also.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread