View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:45 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Asterios

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

If that's true then this would be the first special attack where you might want to use your special attack without attacking? Is that within the rules?
It is within the rules to do so, at least as far as I can tell. Also notice that it is only 5 move rather than the normal move of 6, so it's not just a straight advantage.
So someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first special attack you can activate and not actually attack. Is there a precedent for such a thing?

I would argue that Kumiko/Augamo is not a good example because declining to attack for them is not functionally different than just moving. Whereas with Asterios there are cases (small/medium squad cases ) where you can activate the special attack in order to get disengage, but not do any attacking. (We'll call that usage a Mildly Perturbed Charge 'Attack')

EDIT: Btw, I should say that I love this unit. Fantastic sculpt and the application of the design intent was really well done. I look forward to games with this guy to see his impact. Bravo @French Community;.