View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: American Revolution...Or...American Independance

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I don't know if this is the place to put this or if it should even have it's own thread but I wanted to ask you guys here.

Today, in Social Studies, and the last few weeks we've been talking about the American Revolution and events that lead to it. So we're sitting there today and I forget if it was my teacher or one of the students but someone asked, "How do they teach the American Revolution in Britain?" So I am asking you bunch here if you know. It would be a great pleasure as I am very curious myself. I've done my research from sites that have asked this same question and learned that they (British) call it (American Revolution) the American Independence, and because of the such long history of England it's a very small point to cover in Britain.

Thanks in advance and I'll keep looking at various sites. Again, I am very interested to see your answer myself.
Alot of personal opinion, but might be a good starting point...

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/se...restrict_sr=on

Long Story short though, it's not focused on much because it's a minor point of English history as opposed to a defining moment in American history. The English world didn't change much, in other words, when we revolted. The same is exactly opposite for us, however.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!