View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Re: Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Recently, our playgroup has recruited quite a few new players. We sometimes end up with 2 experienced players with 4-5 beginners. And of course they don't usually show up at the same time for us to go over the rule for all of them.
So I have created a brief card and put in it the most important things to play the game. It's size is half of the standard letter size. I searched and realized that someone have had the same idea, but I believe the size is the letter size. The half size may be handy and economic, especially when you want to introduce the game to a large group of people (which will happen to us on next Wednesday). After a short explanation, they can just grab one brief card and start the game. Of course, there are more subtle rules, but they can ask experienced players when those cases arise. I also include a dice chart showing the chance to inflict a wound. Again, for new player, it may be useful.
Please let me know if I missed something important, or if the information is not accurate, or anything that should be changed. Your criticism is welcome here! I will create a PDF file that you can print front and back, then cut in halves to have 2 brief cards after hearing from your comments. Thanks again for your help!

Front:

Back:

Not sure if you were referring to my Book of Heroscape with its different guides, rulesets, and battle dossiers, but mine's designed more as a "Strategy Guide" for new and existing players. Mine isn't necessarily designed as a travel companion, as much as a "Bible" if you will. However, I could see one person per GameDay keeping one of them handy in case somebody needed some info.

I applaud your Brief Card because it helps newbies keep certain pertinent info handy on their person. As customizers of the game, the amount of quick-reference material is steadily growing and hopefully we can train a new breed a HeroScapers to play against.

Keep up the good work!