View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2021, 09:32 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 42: Quad Pod II - ROUND 1

I got the win over vegie dad in a game that was fairly dependent on Grimnak's d20.

I opened with moving Kuthnak to height and then going all-in on DCs. I hung them back conservatively while vegie dad slow rolled the blades & heavies up, using the blades as a screen for the heavies. I sent 2 DCs in on round 1 via boiling blood, each getting 3 attacks, but they only killed 3 squad figures in total. The rest of my DCs waited near Kuthnak while MBS shot a few Heavies.

Round 2 saw vegie dad being forced to charge because of MBS' range, but he had to move slowly to avoid giving height attacks onto Grimnak. We exchanged attacks through the round, and at the end of the round Grimnak was near my SZ. I had 4 DCs left with both bonding heroes, and vegie dad was down to about a squad of each orc squad with a 1 life Ornak.

I took Dagmar (missing that it was on lava but getting lucky to have my DC survive lava), but still lost init in round 3. I had 2 OMs on DCs and just had to hope some survived. Vegie dad killed 2 on the first turn but missed a chomp on Viceron. I killed Ornak and a heavy and ended with 2 DCs on height. Vegie dad chose to chomp Viceron, which missed, and took 3 attacks on DCs with heavies, but the DCs had height (+1 had Nerak) and the blocked all 3, so I didn't lose an OM. I had one DC disengage successfully to boil into Grimnak, but he only did 1 wound (leaving 2 life on chompy) and Nerak killed a blade grut. Grimnak then missed his 3rd chomp on Viceron but killed Nerak, and Viceron swung and missed on Grimnak.

Left: Grimnak (2 life), 2 blades, 2 heavies, Marcu v. Viceron, MBS (2 life), 1 DC, Isamu, Kuthnak.

Round 4 I won init and Viceron killed Grimnak, leaving vegie dad with a very tough end game (no real way to kill Viceron). The orcs and Marcu charged valiantly, but Viceron got height and just killed 1 per turn, healing the small damage he took. Eventually Marcu took a lava bath and vegie dad conceded with 1 orc left (Viceron at full health).

If any of those 3 Grimnak chomps on Viceron go through then the result is almost certainly flipped.

gg vegie dad