View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:00 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Once again, the engagement strike is just too far away from being anything related to Counterstrike.

Okay, I have an idea!

Fledgeling Counterstrike
After successfully defending against an adjacent, normal attack, if you rolled any excess shields, roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives an unblockable wound for every excess shield rolled.

Counterstrike, but only working half the time - this will mean that, even with Raelin, there's no guarantee of hurting attackers. Thoughts?
Not a bad idea. The d20 roll is a bit different, but the Black Wyrmling's breath is a bit different as well so I think it may be able to slide. It otherwise feels like a fledgling enough version of the power that should really curb balance concerns.

However, looking back on it, the version that had failed SoV had 3 attack and 5 defense and one of the down votes was because there weren't enough figures available. Has much testing even been done with a single wound or once per turn version of the power with lower defense and a 40 or so price range? dok may be right in that it may be no more anti-melee than a large number of other builds.

While I agree that special defense idea is cool and can open up new design space, I think there may be one too many detractors. New rules are probably not something that would make it through SoV at the very least (presuming that's the goal of this thread).