View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 05:46 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Grishnak has some pretty robust 'underwater fight' rules doesn't he? Not sure how well sharks and the like could work thematically in C3G without something like that, given how there's only so much water even on relatively watery maps.
Might be worth putting something like that together, though. I've been meaning to suggest the idea of working on some Classic-style terrain packs, and an underwater one with some Atlantean Guards and/or sharks could work well.
Yeah, if we could do it in a fairly simple/straightforward way, I wouldn't mind having an optional ruleset for underwater stuff (maybe non-optional on some maps).
Grishnakh's rules are pretty simple. Create those, a tutorial for some official coral/Atlantean ruin terrain pieces (you can probably pick these up from pet shops), some Atlantean Warriors and/or underwater creatures, a short rulebook and a map with a scenario or two, and you have a nice Terrain Expansion in the same vein as Road through the Forgotten Forest, Thaelenk Tundra, Volcarren Wasteland or Ticalla Jungle. I think terrain sets like this could be a fun direction for C3G every now and again, honestly.
I gotta say, I am very interested in this idea. It really sounds like a lot of fun. Some of my buddies have commented they really want to play Namor and others but are afraid of the water limitations. I will definitely show my support with any playtests needed.