View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Wink Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

*Here is a general sketch of an idea of how to handle it. I've got to go make come chili (that won't harm those who eat it), so I'll check in later to see what you all think of it.*

Looking at the space mat, I see there are 20 hexes running along the south edge. Start zones would appear to me to be on the East and West ends. So I would have the asteroids and comets appear on the south edge and move to the north edge in a straight line, and vice versa.

General rules sketch.

1. Before rolling for initiative, one player rolls 2 (or 3) combat die, players should alternate turns rolling dice and placing the space objects each round.
  • For each skull rolled, nothing happens.
  • For each shield rolled, place one Asteroid (single rock hex) on the right edge of the board.
  • For each blank rolled, place one Comet (double snow hex) on the right edge of the board.
To determine the exact placement, roll a 20-sided die once for each new object. Place the object on the hex space indicated by the number rolled, starting with 1 being the closest hex to the player who rolled the die and 20 being the furthest. Only place one hex into play when placing a double hex, with the back half of the hex hanging off the mat. If you roll the same number more than once when placing space objects, ignore that roll and roll again until all objects are placed.

2. After each player reveals a numbered Order Marker, before taking their turn or using any other powers, each player that placed a space object on the map moves any space objects they placed on the board 1 space along a straight line to the opposite side of the mat. Comets move from right to left towards the other players start zone, while Asteroids move from right to left towards their own start zone.

3. When an Asteroid or Comet enters into a hex occupied by a players figure, roll an unblockable combat die vs. that figure, if it survives and is a single based figure, place it on top of the space object. If that hex is already occupied by a figure, instead place the hit figure in the space previously occupied by the space object. When double based figures are hit by a space object, using the base half that was not hit as a pivot, rotate the base around until the base half that was hit can be legally placed into an open spot, starting with the space directly in front of the space object.

4. When an Asteroid or Comet enters into the same hex, roll a 20-sided die for each space object, the object that rolls the lower number is destroyed and removed from the board. If both objects roll the same number, re-roll both die.

5. When an Asteroid or Comet Hex moves off the mat, your opponent places any figure on that space object on the mat adjacent to the spot it previously occupied.

6. Space objects have a base defense of 10, a life of 1, and may be attacked and destroyed. When a space object is destroyed, place any figures on that space object on the board in the same space previously occupied by the space object.