View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Question Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Okay this is the place to DUMP all your questions.

People who have more experience but no official standing will surely answer your question in the simplest way possible. You will not be made fun of regardless how many times the question has been posted or how simple the question seems to be to answer (unless on the oldtimers is in a humorous mood and even then it is not personal).

Below is the original intention of this thread, but it has been happily hyjacked into the very thing I proposed, so happy questioning.
______________________________________________________________________ _____
I have been thinking about this for a while and would like to recommend a Question Dump.

Basiclly it sits at the top of the form page (higher than Official Rules and FAQ's) and is fourm that is dedicated to any and all questions. It just runs and runs and is deleted maybe once a year. This way valuable forums are not filled with pointless question threads and people don't have to fill thread with comments like "try seaching", "check the rules" and "read your answer at this link". Also since is it a dump the grammer and spelling rules could be a bit more lax.

I know this would put some users out of a job of yelling I mean educating new people, but I think I would help new people feel welcome, and let the helpful be helpful.

If a child asks simple questions in the "kids hangout" no one would bat an eye, by that logic if there was a FORUM where any questions could be asked and answered no matter how many times it was asked, without fear of being made fun of, it would reduce redundancy on the message board as a whole.

I happen to like answering questions, and Clearly so do Cavilier, killercactus, and warlord alpha, a few esteemed members around here. A FORUM just to post the Kelda healing herself, Double Spaced Figures on Water, and The line of sight questions (all currnetly on the first page of this forum, would be perfect. Especailly if that fourm was cleared once a month keeping the threads from comming back from the grave.

As a result:
1. New users are not insulted (good for new users)
2. Old timers get to compete to see who is the quickest and clearest at answering questions (good for old timers)
3. useless data does not have to be stored on the server. (good for site)
4. Books stay clean. (good for Rev)

Everybody Wins, So here's to the question dump!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; April 15th, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Clarification