View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Legends of Scape (RPG)

LEGENDS OF SCAPE (RPG)

Welcome to Legends of Scape, a Heroscape Role Playing Game! Legends of Scape is played with the basic Heroscape game mechanics, but players start off with low level figures and through many battles and adventures slowly build their characters into mighty heroes.

Legends of 'Scape is a variation of Heroscape, similar to Heroes of 'Scape (RPG) started by kaiyu. The main differences from Heroes of 'Scape include: an increased number of spells, weapon bonuses, armor bonuses, lower starting stats, fewer character classes and races, special abilities cards, and spell cards. In many ways, Legends of 'Scape is an intermediate between Heroscape and Dungeons and Dragons--using the level advancement and role playing of D&D and the simplicity of the Heroscape battle system.

My sons and I have started a campaign with Legends of Scape and they really love it.

(Note: I want to give thanks to both kaiyu for Heroes of 'Scape and to Lamaclown for his A Look at the Masters thread, both of which showed me the possibilities of Heroscape!)

RULES
A full copy of the rules can be found here:
Legends of 'Scape Rules

Spell cards can be found here:
Legends of 'Scape Spell Cards

Skill cards can be found here:
Legends of 'Scape Skill Cards

Weapon and Armor cards can be found here:
Legends of 'Scape Weapons and Armor Cards

Blank Spell, Skill, Armor, Weapon, and Item cards can be found here in Powerpoint format:
Legends of 'Scape Blank Cards

Individual blank cards can be found:
Individual Blank Cards

Getting Started
All characters in Legends of Scape start off at level 1. The first thing to do is create a hero character:

1) All level 1 figures start with the same base 1st level stats (see Base Stats below)

2) Select a Race (Add your racial adjustment to your 1st level stats)

3) Select a Class (Add your class adjustments to your 1st level stats)

4) All level 1 figures receive 1 skill point. They may use their 1 skill point to select a skill or to select 3 daily magic spell points (1 skill point can buy 3 daily magic spell points)

5) All level 1 figures start out with 100 gold pieces. They may use that money to purchase spells (for magic users), weapons, and armor. (Add weapon and armor adjustments to your 1st level stats)

6) Start the adventure

BASE STATS
Spoiler Alert!

RACES
Spoiler Alert!

CHARACTER CLASSES
Spoiler Alert!

SPELLS
Spoiler Alert!

Legends of 'Scape uses spell cards to 1) keep spells simple and 2) allow players easy reference to spell effects. Here are some examples of spell cards:

Spell Card Examples

SKILLS
Spoiler Alert!

Legends of 'Scape uses skill cards to 1) keep skills simple and 2) allow players easy reference to skill effects. Here are some examples of skill cards:

Skill Card Examples

WEAPONS AND ARMOR
The kind of weapon used affects the Range and normal Attack of the figure.

The kind of armor worn affects the Defense and Move of the figure.

Here are some examples of weapons and armor cards:

Weapons and Armor Card Examples

PRE-MADE CHARACTERS
Here are some examples of Legends of 'Scape level 1 characters. These are the characters used by my sons and I in our first series of adventures.
Spoiler Alert!

Here is a blank Hero card:

I'll post details of our first adventures later. The Summoning spells are really awesome (and used the most by my sons).

Note that I'll probably make small changes to the rules as we go to keep the game balanced, but right now its there's more than enough information to start playing.

Future additions:
Counters for spells that require them
Magic Items
Non-battle spells (such as Scrying and Comprehend Languages)
Adventure modules
Animal cards (for summoning animals)

Last edited by White Knight; November 15th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.