View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2018, 12:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Wanted to share this again from my facebook post. I took a box of Frostgrave Cultists, which has 20 bodies in it to make 20 unique cultists for your warband. But the sprues have so much potential for not only making more figures but using the accessories to customize other miniatures. I looked over the sprues to see what components it had. It had enough bodies for 20, enough arms for 40 and enough heads for at least 60. I've done two part molds in the past with instant mold and greenstuff. Using just the bodies on the sprues it was quite easy to make the bodies for a very small price point. I used roughly 5 dollars worth of greenstuff to make 20 bodies. I don't like to mold the smaller things such as arms or weapons individually, but wanted to make the most out of the sprue components. I was able to turn a box of 20 figures into a set of 40 figures, and not only do that but accent a handful of other minatures such as heroclix to make into various wizards and such. I still have quite a few heads but used everything else in the sprues. Here are some shots with me almost completely done. Im done making all 40 figures now, but very cool anyways. I'll be doing the same thing with the snakemen I'll get and the one bonus sprue of GA crewmen. Here are some pictures.

As you can see, the results are pretty good because the hardest bits to mold aren't needed, only the bodies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo