View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2009, 06:06 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart
Re: Evolution vs Creation, Youtube series

I've read the bible through once, but I don't claim to have gotten it from there, although I didn't see anything against it when reading.

The 2 main ideas for heaven I've heard in church and from my uuber christian friend are as follows.

Theory 1)
You go to heaven, and there are pearly gates, and dogs with wings flying around, and your family is there and you all play volleyball and eat cake, and transform into bubbles and God is there and he plays halo with you. Basically the "All Dogs go to Heaven" version.

Theory 2)
The other Heaven I've heard of is the one where you become one with God, infinite wisdom and insight. I wouldn't like this either. This would destroy all of my ideals and personal interests. I would literally become one with God, and become Him. I would lose my self-identity, and go on living in heaven as a husk. God's zombie-slave.

I've heard of several different hells.

Dante's inferno hell, where everybody has their own special place to be tortured. In Dantes Inferno, you have infinite knowledge of the past and future. Satan's joke though, is that in Hell you only even live in the present, so there is no past or future. hah so funny, lol. In other words, you wouldn't even know why your being tortured. This also applies to Purgatory, the afterlife version of "Time-out" for people who would get into heaven, after they sit and think about it. But if that's in hell, then they wouldn't know what to sit and think ABOUT. But Dante's Inferno was filled with holes, so I shouldn't even use it as an example.

I've heard that originally hell was a trench, and instead of a grave, people would throw anyone who broke the law into a hell when they died.

There's the Greek version, which is cool I think. I wouldn't have the coin to cross Styx though XD

And the version I'm talking about is the one where you sit in an eternal pit of fire and exist. But eventually, you would get used to the pain, just like in heaven, you would get used to having everything you wanted. It would lose it's meaning, and at that point you might as well be dead.

Sorry if this was written poorly, I'm sort of also on the phone XD

2013, Still alive.