View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM

UnluckyNumber Woo who?
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Personally, I don't leave them on their Clix bases. Not only does that keep them from using the ladders from the Fortress of the Archkyrie (FotA) set, I think they're ugly (no offense). Many of us here have multiple copies of the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) master set, so that's a great way to get extra bases. I've also bought and traded for people's extra sets of RotV figures to cannibalize for bases. Some people also specialize in selling Heroscape bases on ebay.
Thanks! I agree, the heroclix bases are pretty bad. I'll have to dig around on ebay.
Not an option for me I'm afraid. I've got a thousand or more clix I'm hoping to use in Heroscape once I finish getting all the HC-to-HS conversions printed out, and there is just no hope whatsoever that I'd ever get even a tenth of them switched over to proper HS bases. The completeist in me would just go nuts if I just did a few because then they would stand out so much from all the rest of my heroes and villains.

There's also the very slim chance that I might actually use them again in a pick-up match of Heroclix someday. If I take them off their HC bases entirely then there's no going back at all, even for the occasional game with old friends who still play clix.

Switching them all over to HS bases would definitely look better though. I always hated the aesthetic of Heroclix bases. All those numbers and letters and symbols underneath the characters on the battlefield detract from the look of the thing.