Thread: Gen Con 2016
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2016, 11:30 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gen Con 2016

GenCon didn't go so great for me this year But I did want to give a shout out to Cleon for what I thought was a very classy move. He was playing Doombaby (who I came to GenCon with) in the last round and was already 4-0 at this point. Doombaby was 3-1 at this point, and he'd more than likely need a win to advance. The two of them had time called when the game was nearly complete. Cleon could have retreated his Alastair for a certain win on time, but he instead chose to march Alastair toward Sgt Drake for a showdown (along with a very angry MacDirk). Anyway, not to oversimplify the situation, but it was probably around a 50/50 chance that he finishes off Drake that turn, and if he doesn't finish him off, it was a near 100% chance that Drake would be able to finish the job. Had Cleon been 3-1 at this point, I wouldn't have faulted him at all for choosing to retreat, but having day 2 already locked up, I thought it was classy to finish the game. It was clear he was aware of the situation too. It's cool to see that kind of sportsmanship