View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:01 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online NHSD Event

I went with Stingersx5 and Q10 for two reasons. One, I never actually played Stingers in real life, despite owning 6 squads. Two, I assumed there would be even more customs present, so I wanted an army that was strong enough to power through my inexperience in playing against those customs.

52% of my Stinger Drains were a 4 or less. the other 48% were a 10 or greater, with 1 being a 9 and a +1 from a glyph. The only drain that I felt cost me a game was a completely unnecessary one where I had 3 Stingers on height against an Azurite Warlord.

Otherwise, the majority of my games had Dysole's statistics, where the dice heavily favored me winning, but tactics and bad drains decided otherwise. I would rather be lucky than good, just ask Rincewind!

Overall, my dice rolls averaged something like 58% attack and 41% defense. It's so dumb how I can actually attribute luck to my games online, including my "tutorial" game a couple of weeks ago featuring a clutch 19 on a Mohican when I desperately needed it, and I have no such luck in the real world.

Today's 3-2 record in this tournament matches every tournament I've been to in the past 10 years, save my very first Islandscape, where I went 2-3. I am definitely looking forward to more online scape, it doesn't quite scratch the itch, but it's darned close!

As a side note, I would love to purchase some OnlineCon2020 dice, if possible, just to have something to remember my first online tourney.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!