View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Super Soldier (Breathing)

You all know my position. The arguments against leader are falling pretty flat IMO. He's inspiring and charges into battle but doesn't lead? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Then I consider this power to be a leadership power.

MAN OF WAR
If there is a revealed Order Marker on this card:

When Super Soldier attacks, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls;
If a Soldier within 6 clear sight spaces of Super Soldier attacks, you may count one blank rolled as an extra skull.

Revealed OM = He's taken a turn and jumped into action.
Within 6 clear sight spaces = In the middle of the action, not sitting back in the Start Zone cheer leading from behind.
Other Soldiers fighting harder/more effectively = Leading others to excel in combat and do better than they normally would do without him.

So the card itself is acting as a leader for the army you drafted.

Leader is a class we use here in C3G, it's been used 13 other times, it's not going anywhere. IMO this card has more leadership being displayed than Storm's card.

The Leader class is actually a very effective tool at dealing with our stat boosting stacking issue. I used it recently on an On Deck unit to keep a new kind of stat boosting unit from getting out of hand. Out of our top two publicly released stat boosting allies, which this design is going to like and want to play with, I'd rather see him playing with Cap as a super soldier team-up than Star Lord as a member of a Cosmic band of misfits. One team up is a thematic fit and one isn't.