Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
This goes deeper than just entertainers. They just have their lives more scrutinized and personal stuff made public for millions of people to see and judge them by.

There are millions of people that do despicable things. Surely we aren't going to know of many of them because they aren't in the public eye. But, we do occasionally see people we have in our lives, either family, friends or people at work, that do or say inappropriate things. Be it racist, sexist, cheating, stealing, sexual assault, blackballing certain people from jobs or whatever.

They should equally be shunned, and if people don't speak up against wrongful behavior in their own circle, then it's kind of hypocritical to do so only with entertainers or politicians, just because they are "safe" to rip on because they are beyond our circle.
Agreed.

And to superfrog's point, I would say it is in our personal circles that some sort of redemption can happen. If a guy was an idiot ten years ago and now he's gone to counseling, has wife has forgiven him and he hasn't continued being an idiot, then I think there is potential for people who know him to accept that he is no longer the idiot he used to be. I don't think he gets to ask that of anyone though. I think it has to be granted based on his actions. And I don't think anyone should have to grant it to him.

~Aldin, believing in redemption

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham