View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
A New Marr: Book 2

Finally wrapped things up with CoN, and I have winter vacation now so that's a whole week of time to catch up on things.

If you ask why I'm making a new thread, it's because the other one was rather cluttered to say the least. It's also not really fair for new readers (if any) to have to read through all that bulk. Making a lot of changes, for the better I hope. Editing and revamping every chapter. The first Book: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=13886

A New Marr
BOOK 2

Prologue

Hello all. I am Dagmar: explorer of the world, artisan of history. Here I shall tell you the most climactic event in my world's history. Welcome to the dark ages. To start, let me share some philosophy. Time is time. It never ends, it never begins. Size is size. It never shrinks, it never grows and it never matters.

Welcome to Valhalla. The year is AD 13, thirteen years after discovery of the wellsprings. A few years prior to now, the Marro species took over the known Valhalla. The foreign species was first summoned by the evil Utgar, a former Kyrie general. In half a decade the Marro produced on their own, asexually by creating "Hives". These Hives were created from living Marro bodies. Making one is a gruesome and complicated task.

Now there are at least half a dozen Marro Hives spread throughout the known half of the planet. You may be wondering why I am keep using "known." And since you may not be fully educated in Valhalla's history, I shall take a moment to share with you. About a thousand years ago, there was a great war. A war between the Archkyrie in what we call the "known Valhalla" against the Mirakyrie, a breed of logical outcasts. When the Archkyrie won, they banished these outcasts into a land that was called the Forbidden Land. A land that was thought to be all ice and desert inbetween the fiery wasteland and the northern tundra. The Mirakyrie started their own civilization, and nobody knows whatever happened to them. So now you know, but enough about that. The Marro are now the dominant species in the area. Most of the Kyrie have been killed and skinned. As for the wellsprings, they have been almost completely drained. The Marro use the mystical water to enforce their army.

When the Marro first arrived in Valhalla they were led by the warlords Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa. The latter had met his end in the final battle against the Kyrie generals. Kee-Mo-Shi, the warwitch now rules aswell, and so do the new warriors. There are 4 of them: Bloody the Marro Stinger, Ga-Ne-Vu Lord of the Drones, Hi-Ya-Nu the Drudge, and Sa-Lin-Nu the Grok. Ne-Gok-Sa still outranks them all, and Kee-Mo-Shi by pure experience.

In all the destruction, mayhem, and death there remains hope. Not in the Kyrie, but in the soldiers brought to Valhalla by the Kyrie generals. Drake Alexander, and Syvarris the Elven archer lead a resistance against the Marro. They live up north in the mountains, where the cold blooded Marro fear to tread. Soon, they will make their biggest move against the relentless Marro...

... travelling to the Forbidden Land.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; January 5th, 2009 at 06:50 PM.