View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Monday night I played War of the Ring. I was the Free Peoples and won by the closest margins. I was down to Frodo and Sam in the fellowship, as Aragorn and Gimli were in Minis Tirith, Gandalf the White was in Fanghorn sp?, and the others had been sacrificed to keep the corruption down.

I had Frodo and Sam in Mordor, on the 2nd to last space, when my opponent attacked Minis Tirith to try to get the final 2 VP's to get him to 10. We ended up killing all of each other's forces with good rolls and rerolls. So he didn't capture it but had another army one space away.

I used my last action die to move the last space and had to draw 2 corruption tiles. I was 5 away from the end of the track and ended up only moving up a few more and won. There were a few tiles that would have kept me from moving, but luckily they weren't drawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

That's the kind of game we live for! Congrats.
War of the Ring is such a great game! I play it pretty frequently and it almost always comes down (after 2-3 hours of play time) to the wire. It is extraordinarily well balanced and so many interesting decisions to make.
Seems so for sure. Though the only thing I wondered is if that empty space to the west is ever used?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon