View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2017, 12:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Yeah, it depends on how much it costs. I've recently sold my Mice and Mystics collection, and have some money to spend. I have about $150 I can spend freely (though I got a good bit less than that for M&M), so if it looks like I can get a good bit for that much for The Drowned Earth, I may give it a go. Otherwise, I may consider getting into Guildball, Bushido, or just buy a good bit more terrain for Frostgrave and Halo Ground Command. Either way, I may buy a 4x4 snow and tundra neoprene game mat, from FLG (Front Line Gaming) mats. They are having a pre-order sale until April 21st, where the mats are $5 off and there's free shipping. I'm looking at the Snow covered Tundra one because I can cover up a bit of the tundra sections with terrain when playing Frostgrave, and much of the snow when playing Halo Ground Command or other games. Or just play with a mix of snow and tundra. 4x6 would be nice, as I have a 4x6 gaming table I can set up, but it's $15 more, and most games only require a 3x3 or 4x4 playing surface.

So we'll see as far as what the investment for The Drowned Earth would be. It doesn't necessarily have to be that dense with trees, but I can see that building up my terrain collection will be important no matter what I get into.

I'm going to try to make some terrain here and there to reduce what I have to buy by some.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon