View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 8/5/19 - Black Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo, I really like Grinder. That looks like a fun and interesting one to play. I really like the pathing and LoS setup. I’ll have to put that on my list of “nexts”

Black Ice I’m a bit concerned about though, that 3-hex with a 1-hex on top right in front of the startzone is an extremely strong Raelin perch as it allows you to cover 1 glyph and have maximum visibility while protecting your units through the low ground middle on both sides of the glacier (and they’ll get shadow). She’d be in a great spot with little chance of being engaged by an opponent and always having height.
Thank you my dude

Yeah, that's true, but her aura doesn't reach any of the highest snow points (level 3) besides the one blocked by the 6-hex glacier and what she covers there is a lot of level 0 stuff (there is shadow though) and level 1 near-start zone spots. You can also shoot at her from two of the level 3 spaces (near the glyph she covers) without being engaged by units within her aura. I think it works, but I see what you mean.

I guess Raelin perches just don't concern me very much in general. When I make a map my main concerns when thinking about specific figures are too strong of spots for Q9/Q10/Nilfheim/Braxas, Dragon perches, Moltenclaw regarding lava, too strong spots for AE (and to a lesser extent Protectors, Moltenclaw, Wyrmlings, and Atlaga), 4th Mass/10th Reg clusters, Zelrig bomb, and maybe rats clogging bottlenecks. Not every map gets all of those things perfectly clear but that's what I'm mostly thinking about. Maybe it's because personally I fear a lot of things more than I fear Raelin when I go into a match? I don't know.

But it's something to think about. Thank you for the feedback

Last edited by Cleon; August 8th, 2019 at 08:41 AM.