View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Made Custom Cards

The main appeal of the shape of the cards, for me, is that all of the information on the cards needs to be visible at all times. If they were straight squares or rectangles (or whatever else), they would almost certainly line up side to side and up and down. But to fit all the info on a different shape, they would have to either be very large, or smaller but very light on visual detail.

I speak for most, I'm sure, when I say the visual detail and larger text size is appealing. So if the card got smaller (and plainer), that's bad. If it got bigger, that's bad because they're already fairly large. The way they are allows them to have all the info and all the design- yet still fit together like a puzzle.. both with eachother and the actual gameboard itself. This makes them take up much less real estate on your table than having them purely side-by-side.

I personally think it's a genious design.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803