View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Muliplayer Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Hey, I just built Grandma's House and I think there's some stuff wrong.

It's supposed to be 3 RttFF, but you have NINE 11 height trees.

Which doesn't work with 3 RttFF.
Damn I did screw that up. I didn't realize I was throwing trees around like a mad man. I was just throwing up a map without being judicious with terrain. I should make a more doable version of this.

All of the maps that I design for the upcoming team tournament will be limited to 2 MS and max at 3 expansions (except one )

Quote:
***WARNING THEOREYSCAPE WARNING***

Something that kind of bothers me are the glyphs.

There's a lot of them.

This map really makes me want to take rats.

Now I haven't played this, so it's all theoreyscape, BUT I'm wondering if the middle should have 1 glyph (even though it would unbalance everything by 1 road hex) instead of 3 glyphs.

And Thorian?!?!

Doesn't my BroInLaw kick everyone's rear enough with Orcs/Grimnak?

Does he really need Thorian in the mix?

It's just crazy!

That was of course all theoreyscape and I trust that after I play on it I will realize your genius.

But right now I'm thinking that's a lot of glyphs to fight for...
Yeah, the glyphs on that one are just a little silly. I might just weaken them a bit for the hell of it. We played a few games with this set and it was just good times. Thorian hasn't been a problem yet because we have had so many melee armies in this thing due to the small map sizes.

I probably will tone down the glyphs in the center, but this tournament is a little silly in-it-of-itself so some silly things might make it into the event. A free for all event is really the only way you can get some of the stranger glyphs in since the politics of the game can balance a glyph.

Anyway, that's why we test these things out. I'll have it set up this Tuesday and we can play a game on it to see how it works out.