View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Letters From the Front

The dramatis personae:
Del ~ half-elf wild mage sorcerer, myself
Finn ~ halfling monk
Sue ~ human beastmaster ranger
Davidius MacFleetwood ~ half-elf (iirc) bard

When last we left our intrepid adventurers, Del had threatened the Big Bad End Guy as follows: "I will burn your [bad word] tree to the ground!" And Del then tried to cast a spell against the BBEG, but there was a misfire, triggering a fireball centered on Del. Unfortunately knocking most of the party unconscious. (Edit: And, importantly, setting the bad guy's tree hopelessly en fuego, enraging him.)

Luckily, Davidius survived, as did Del's zombie minion, and Davidius managed to do some healing while the zombie grappled the BBEG, and the party managed to beat a fighting retreat over a lengthy stretch of underground terrain. Lightly armored and nimble as they are, they could stay ahead of the healthy, spellcasting bad guy while fighting off his minions.

In fact, they managed to get off enough attacks against Bellock, the BBEG, that - though he, enraged, pursued - he began to take more damage than he could afford to give. Though Del stayed just in sight, teasing him on, he could not get the kill shot he wanted on the half elf sorcerer who destroyed his tree, and slowly the attacks from others started to wear him down. And his minions were eliminated, one at a time.

When Bellock realized it was time to retreat, it was too late. The party smelled blood in the water. Well, most of the party. Davidius had been sprinting away for so long that he didn't know what was happening. But Del got in a lucky firebolt that did a lot of damage, and Bellock turned to run, but could not get far enough. Finn caught him and finished him off with a well-placed dart to the back of the head.

The party finished the dungeon - or, at least, finished off the BBEG - and will finally get an overdue long rest. When it recovers next week, it will be time to track down the last missing adventurer (some NPC paladin, lost somewhere in this dungeon), and make its way home.

Thanks for your support, all! The scoundrel Del lives to fight another day.

For those struggling to sleep tonight, here is Del's backstory, and why I call my own character a scoundrel:
Spoiler Alert!
I am told we are now level 5, which means I have some homework to do before next session.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 18th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.