View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2019, 11:14 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
[AotV] "Sandstone" Terrain Rules Discussion

Below was my original thoughts before AotP project was created

So I think there are a lot of people, including involved in VC & C3G, map makers, tournament directors, and everyday scapers who would love anew terrain type for Heroscape. Well guess what, Magic:AotP gave us a new terrain type (besides Cryptoliths): Quick-Sand

Note this is different paint-job than Heroscape sand, but is 100% compatible. There are only a few pieces in each set:
  • Arena of the Planeswalker Master Set: 2 1-hex sand tiles, 2 3-hex sand tiles (8 hexes)
  • Shadows over Innistrad Master Set: 6 1-hex sand tiles, 3 2-hex sand tiles (cryptolith bases) (12 hexes total, 9 hexes with cryptoliths)
  • Wal-Mart Bonus edition: AotP + Bonus: 1 7-hex sand tile, 2 3-hex sand tiles, 2 2-hex sand tiles 2 1-hex sand tiles (bonus 19 hexes + 8 in original = 27 hexes total)
  • Also note that the sets come with cardboard mats and you may optionally make the sand on the mats be this "quick-sand" or not.
I would love to have agreed upon rules for this new terrain. This would be similar to "slippery ice" or "heavy snow" in that each map that uses the terrain can make the rules optional, but it should give map-makers a new terrain to design around. Eventually I'd like to see a C3V "master set" that uses AotP figures but also maps/scenarios with terrain from the sets using these rules.

So how do we agree on rules? Well here is a suggested process:
  1. Everyone suggest rules based on theoryscape on this thread
  2. People here discuss and debate and help on wording
  3. People actually build maps using some of the suggested terrain rules
  4. People playtest on maps made using rules suggested
  5. Additional discussion & debate, voting if necessary
  6. Final wording clean-up, sign-off

Again, maybe an already made group either C3V/C3G or BoV or other map-making group could do, but I figure I'd rther have this as a public discussion.

So lets start on 1 and 2. GO!!!

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 5th, 2021 at 02:26 PM.