View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:46 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Illinois Smith: Postgame Standings

We played two games yesterday, using eight of the nine armies approved for the scenario (all but K.'s AIM army). Scenario design is my specialty in gaming, so I was pretty happy with how it ran, given all the new elements being put into use for the first time, which make it a real test bed for A number of concepts that will probably appear in future games. There were a few tweaks that I'll put into the scenario description (here and in Marvelscape Maps and Scenarios). Hopefully it will be as complete as possible for anyone who wants to run the scenario themselves.

All kinds of photos and commentary will follow on these games. I'll also edit and add the Illinois Smith Game Master Only File with its three big surprises, which is also needed to run the scenario. But for right now, on the morning after, here are the basic standings and the armies that earned them:

GAME ONE

10 VP Taeblewalker (2 Analysed Glyphs exited) Doc Ock army

7 VP Sherman Davies (2 Unanlysed Glyphs exited and one Unanalysed Glyph Carried) Yellowjacket army

2 VP Chas (1 Analysed Glyph Carried) Kree Army

1 VP Kolakoski (1 Unanylysed Glyph Carried) SHIELD Army (*+ The Lizard)

GAME TWO

15 VP Kolakoski (3 Analysed Glyphs exited) Hydra Army (*+ Avalanche)

6 VP Taeblewalker (2 Unanalysed Glyphs exited) Speedster Army

5 VP Sherman Davies (1 Analysed Glyph Exited) Enchantress Army (*+ Mantis)

2 VP Chas (Lara's Gal Squad/US Government Army)

These are the final scores, but they don't begin to tell the story of how different players rose and fell, had victory in their grasp and lost it, or came back from low or no score. More on that later, and on the Kree Zee Dees, The Radiation Zone, and Kree Glyph Mutations of some Non Tech Squad squad members into random 'Inhumans'--as on current TV's Marvel's Agents of Shield!

*Non Tech Squad squad member mutated into random Class D "Inhuman" by Glyph: see GM Only File. (More complete data to follow on Inhumans entering the games.)

The Map.

After the Drop.

Agent transformation into - the Lizard!

In the first game, my S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents got greedy and, instead of taking their Glyphs off unanalysed, abandoned them for the Tech Squad, only to be overrun by Yellowjacket.

Bugging out.

Hail Hydra!

In the second game, Hydra crushed its competition, via what I call the Hydra Chain (passing a Glyph from squaddie to squaddie in one turn back to my Start Zone).

Venom strikes!

During a Venom counterattack, he put 4 Wounds on my [transformed Hydra Agent] Avalanche - only to have them all transferred to opponents' units (and forcing them to loose whatever Glyphs they happened to be carrying) by Red Skull (using the Cosmic Cube).

Red Skull rules!

The Fire Demons fought with Bulleteer the entire game.

Dreadguls versus Anubians.

Fade to black.