View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2014, 10:47 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Kobolds of Idona Keep (Playtestin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
The first is an idea of how to play them. Did someone tried to use just 2 squads of them as cleanup ? You just need to have a potential master in the rest of your army. As you used the master normally with the rest of your army, it already served its purpose, you cannot say that you need to add its cost to the kobolds' cost. So basically, you got cheaper Death Chaser of Thesk (with better move) for clean up. Just try to wipeout ranged opponent figure before going to cleanup !
I haven't tried it, but that sounds like a cool idea. I've mostly tested them in kobold heavy armies, but 90 pt clean up in another army might not be a bad idea as long as you have the hex space for them (6 is not insignificant). I'm sure there are some armies where that could work. I'm suspecting their swarming and avenge nature will make them pretty versatile, as well as all the different army types they can be built around.

I do like how they are not necessarily as good swarmers as the drones (physically weaker and a bit more demanding to build around, if more reliable) and not as efficient beaters as the Death Chasers (factoring in the cost of a dead warrior and especially that they lack bonding) but that they can straddle the line between the two and try to use both roles to their advantage as the game progresses. In the abstract, you would want to be swarming with them early to get them in position and drop low defense foes and then avenge in the late game when there are fewer left.