View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 06:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Glyph of Sonic Gun (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
is this shown to have any real effect on non-symbiotes?
Y'know, I really thought it was, but after going through my Spidey vs Venom stuff, I couldn't find any evidence. Never seems to harm the human hosts much either, at least physically. (Definitely some shared pain due to the psychic connection to the symbiote, though)

Quote:
I'd kind of think it should just be a higher roll as a default with a huge boost to symbiotes.
I had it like that at one point before posting it up, but it felt off. I think my issue with that take was that it felt like it was telling the story "Symbiotes are easier to hit" rather than "Symbiotes are more affected".

Honestly, after reviewing its appearances, I'd be fine going all-in on the anti-Symbiote bit anyway, though.

Quote:
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a Symbiote figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. If there is a Symbiote figure on the chosen figure's Army Card, inflict a wound on that Symbiote, remove it from the chosen figure's card and, if it is not destroyed, place it on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure.
Obviously that's kind of niche (9 Symbiote cards so far, 2 more in design) but I don't mind sacrificing general usability for theme on something like this. It's mainly something to throw onto the map to theme up a battle anyway.

I like the idea of it being able to knock the symbiote off the card of someone it's not fully bonded with - the Venom Symbiote's "go on the Host's card" mechanic is something I intend to reuse for Carnage/generics in the future, so that language isn't totally just dedicated to the one card.