View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2019, 12:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Azazel the Kyrie Warrior

At Louisville tournament this weekend (510 points, only 5 players), @NecroBlade played Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel (510 pionts, 11 figures). He The army went 3-2 but 4 of the 5 games (one game was unofficial against Death Knights) were down to one life, and one he lost by (I think) about 1/3 army of opponent left, so all and all we both though the army was fairly balanced, as most of the armies played were in the "Tier 3" or B+/A- range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
...Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
It was 2-2 (the other game was for fun, and I was using the Monks against Death Knights, though the Knights did win, with the last Knight on Wannok!).

The first two games I won with 1 Life, Azazel coming back once the first, twice the second. I lost once without Azazel coming back to a 4-Life Cyprien (5 counting Drain at the end). My other loss was much bigger, despite Azazel coming back three times. In part I forgot the Whetstone the Skull Demon had picked up (which possibly would've killed Varan, but probably not have won the game on its own); in part because I just. couldn't. kill. the one stupid Pathfinder! (And, to be fair, I decided not to run Azazel in, get him killed, Reject, and repeat against the turtled range).
Should I add a FAQ that when Bonding with DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL that both the DK and bonding heroes get to roll for Rejected by Death? That was not clear to me at first read of cards but maybe I just didn't think about it enough as bonding is technically 2 turns every time.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 16th, 2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Sorry forgot you only played 4 official games