View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Iron Man (Avengers) - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like it! 5 life does seem a tad inconsistent. What’s the theme behind the bump?

I think folks will naturally refer to him as the Avengers Iron Man, so the subtitle makes sense.
I think he was originally listed at 4, but some point in the design process people suggested the bump so he could take more hits and keep going, can't recall the exact reason.

Aha - here we go. Mining my Brainstorming thread, it was a suggestion from Margloth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I also think 5 life would be fine here. Iron Man has enough redundancy systems and and technical know how to keep himself in the fight, which more than justifies the additional life that makes him a bit more solid on the front lines. This is supposed to be the “Climactic Battle” Iron Man. Don’t let him be afraid to take a punch

I do like that idea of it sort of softly representing redundant systems... plus, MkIII and MkIV can make use of redundant systems via powers on their cards and MkV and Stealth Suit MkI are really difficult to target from range, so a little extra hardiness a leader Iron Man feels reasonable.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================