View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2020, 12:51 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone (Public Feedback)

Thanks for the feedback @Skinderella ! I do share your concern about her potential to hurt allies with her special attack when she's themed as a protector/avenger style figure. I think its something to keep an eye on in playtesting. If she is hurting her allies too often, one potential change I've thought of would be to lower the base attack of her special to 2 dice, and increase the debuff against squad figures to -2 dice. I don't think that would much change her chances to kill squad figures (although I haven't worked out the math), but make her much less likely to hurt unique figures with her special. Personally I'd prefer to keep her special the way it is currently as it is slightly stronger and more widely useful, but its worth mentioning this alternate version in case the current one doesn't work out.

Oathsworn Guardian also went through quite a few iterations before we settled on the current version. You assumed correctly that in the end we decided to go with the version that was the most simple and memorable, since she already had two other powers and we were trying to limit the complexity of the master set.

The "Devoted" personality is actually an error; thanks for catching it! I definitely intended that to be "Devout" when I came up with the leftbox stats as there's no need to create a new personality so similar to an existing one. @Pumpkin_King , do you think you could update the OP with "Devout" as the personality? As far as the class goes, I don't think its a good idea for "Guardian" to ever exist as a class, since then Granite Guardians and Crypt Guardians would stand out as very strange as Guards instead of Guardians. Chosen could work, but I'd prefer to stick with an existing class rather than create a new one, especially when I think the design and backstory convey the idea of Katryn acting as Zelrig's champion pretty well.

Thanks again for the feedback! I'm really happy that her theme is landing so strongly, and am hopeful that her mechanics will play out similarly well, although I could definitely see playtesting prove that her points need to come down a bit.