View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:55 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Crouching Tiger...
I like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I love the sculpt, and it's nice to see an Einar monk (plus a cheaper option for them).

I'm concerned about how she plays, though. Her uses outside of a Master Lao Xin build are limited to clean-up for the most part, because it'll never be worthwhile to spend turns getting her into position otherwise. By that point, the number of attacks she's going to take and successfully defend against will be limited. Has this been a problem in your games with her?

As for Anticipated Assault, I think that both Way of the Willow and Crouching Tiger sound better and more monk-ish. Mechanically, I'm not a big fan of using markers on such a cheap hero, but that's mostly a personal preference and it's difficult to convey the same theme with straightforward multi-attacks or by basing it off of the number of wounds she's taken. Do you intend for her to be able to attack more than twice in one turn, or is it supposed to be limited to spending just one marker?
She is mostly clean up, but she works as a glyph holder as well, which allows her to build up markers since the opponent generally wants her off of the glyph. Unique heros in a non-bonding army will rarely be able to do much beyond clean up, unless they are ranged, and/or have multiple attacks. While she does have the potential for multiple attacks, she doesn't have them consistently, so you have to fish for them. In an all unique hero army, she can pull out of clean up by holding a glyph, and then unleashing her build up of markers at the opportune time. I usually play unique hero armies with either Rygarn, Red Skull, or if they are almost all Utgar, Ornak, so I have some flexibility in my order markers, and can anticipate when to unleash her assault, without having to manage order makers as much.

After each attack she makes, she can remove a marker, if she does, she gets to attack again. If she has her maximum of 3 markers, she can attack 4 times in a single turn. Once for her initially attack, and then once more for each of the 3 markers on her card. I specifically set the maximum attack to 4, so that if she gets surrounded by a squad of 4, she can potentially retaliate against all 4, assuming she blocks all of the attacks.