View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2020, 04:49 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AOTV General Discussion - Pod 2 starting soon!

I definitely think a “public feedback phase” would be helpful, and having it occur right after design and right before editing definitely makes the most sense.

I also think that Pod 2 would be a great place to start with the review process. I do have a couple thoughts about how I’d like to see such a step ideally implemented.

First, just a small thing, but I think that calling it the “Public Feedback Phase” rather than “Public Review Phase” may do a better job of setting the proper expectations for what we’re looking for.

I’d also want to give some thought as to what the best way to present the designs would be. I’m not sure we necessarily want to ask for feedback in the figure threads themselves? It might be better to create new “Public Feedback Threads” within a new subforum dedicated specifically to the public feedback process. This would allow us to keep the feedback discussion separate from the “internal” design discussion, and would also be easier for the public to navigate, I imagine.

I also think it’s essential that people have a firm understanding of the specific design goals that we have for these figures. Namely,

1. To be compatible with Classic/Official Heroscape, and completely VC-compliant: that is, designing with C3V and SoV figures in mind, and focusing on the AOTP figures that would be acceptable to SoV (figures that are pre-painted or usable without paint).

2. To provide an affordable and user-friendly entry point to both new and returning players, that captures the feel of a true Master Set.

3. To create balanced units that are relatively simple, easy to understand, and feel at home in a self-contained set together. Units will come from a wide range of themes, and capture the diversity of theme Heroscape is beloved for.

Point number 2 is I think the most likely to be overlooked by someone just casually offering feedback. Designing an excellent concept as part of a master set is fairly different than what c3v or SoV do, and I think that emphasizing this aspect of our mission will be helpful in focusing the feedback and curtailing feedback that may be very helpful when looking at the design as a standalone concept, but not as part of a master set.