View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2019, 10:33 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
[AotV] Theme, Lore, and Thormun's Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
...Crypoliths...
I think that the context of these being on Valhalla naturally implies that if they're ancient, they were always there. We could say that an Archkyrie summoned them from Arctorus or the like, but that kind of begs the question of why in that case, since if they're old pillars then there are probably better candidates elsewhere.

It does give me the absolutely hilarious image of Vydar stealing the pyramids from Earth, though, which is worth something.

If we don't want to go with the sci-fi theme, then I like setting them in some desert region of Valhalla and expanding the lore through scenarios there. Looking at the map of Valhalla, I think that we could set Arena of the Valkyrie around the Sea of Sand for some interesting storytelling. The name in such a case should be similar to the Power Glyphs and units that originate on Valhalla in that case, IMO, where they sound vaguely Norse.

@capsocrates , @All Your Pie , do either of you have any thoughts on the name for the towers (or greater location for the Master Set)? Just checking to see how we're all feeling about it.
I think we need to have a consistent theme and backstory to AotV units and maps and love the post above about first figuring out WHERE the story will take place in Valhalla - either a name already on the map or a new name we make. Then create a storyline that can actually influence the figures from Name and personalities and Generals to the actual powers and overall unit design. I think we can design units without name or left box stats until we figure out storyline, but I would rather do them in tandem as one will influence the other and it will force overall consistency.

I like @Astroking112 's suggestion on using the Sea of Sand (found in West part of map) but am welcome to other suggestions.