View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Tolkien! 1/3/07

I ashamedly admit that until the first movie came out I had no clue what a Hobbit was. My neighbor upon hearing this bought me the Hobbit for Christmas prior to going to the theater and every year after bought me one of books in the LotR series. I of course read Hobbit immediately and enjoyed it but never had the time to finish the other books completely. My at the time going into the fourth grader and I enjoyed listening to the Hobbit on Audiobook this summer together prior to watching the Hobbit movies and then the LotR movies. His comment after seeing the Hobbit moves was of course..."The book was better". After watching the LotR he liked it and of course said..."I can only imagine how much better the books are going to be"

If nothing else Tolkien has given my son and I invaluable memories from last summer. Which is only fitting seeing as the Hobbit was intended as a story to share with his kids.

"To the Professor!"

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.