View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played 7 Wonders: Duel and Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small.
I really liked Duel, and am impressed with how well the 2-player version of it works. I somehow won, but in many ways only due to some luck. My opponent was two sciences away from winning entering age 3, but only 3 science cards appeared in the 3rd age, and I was able to grab two unique symbols, securing a standard point victory.

Agricola's 2-player small-box version I also found quite solid. It plays faster and has fewer things to keep track of than the full game (such as feeding family/animals and raising kids), but still has some depth to it. I think I preferred 7 Wonders Duel, however.

Finally, someone brought in the HUGE kickstarter edition of Ogre, so gave that a try as the Ogre against an army on the default board. The dice gods were on my side. This seem like a solid wargame engine, simpler than warhammer, and whether minis or those cardboard slot-together things, it felt pretty good to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.