View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NEW!!! HS2010'S Map Thread! Mitonsoul's Dungeon added 8/

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
It's good to keep knowing you can't make melee figures happy no matter what you do.

No seriously, thanks. Definitely give feedback if you do get a game in.

Are you saying The Heated Lagoon is somewhat good. I myself never did play a game on it. I built it, but never got a game in on it, so I don't know much about it really.
I'm definitely saying it's a decent map. I'm also pointing out that on a flat, open map with like 4 LoS blockers range will have the advantage almost no matter what you do.

Solution: Add more height. This means:

1. Range must get all the way to the top if they want to sucessfully pod, or in a position where no melee height can reach them.

2. Melee can have more opportunities to get defense and attack bonuses from height

3. The game is played with more excitement and strategy, generally.

Solution 2: Check ranged figures with LoS blockers. Basically, test out this map without any LoS blockers and then find the area that most ranged shots pass through. Stick an outcropping or two there. Repeat.

Both of these solutions are tricky with so little terrain. However, just moving height so that it touches more lower blocks is a viable solution. Also, the lava discourages podding. Maybe skip lv. 3 altogether, or have 1-2 tiles on level 3. Then place the 4 7-hex tiles around the map. Idk.

This post was a more clarified version of my last. Also, it's good news that the knights could engage Q9, but keep in mind an army not boosted by Gilbert, like Warriors of Ashra or something. They may struggle a bit more. I definitely don't have time to play this coming week but I'll shoot for next