View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:47 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: More Marvel Heroscape? When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
skyknight, you have single-handedly made the entire community jealous of you. Congrats. :P
Lol. Wasn't really my point. I guess what I was getting on about was how much I miss those days. Was a lot of fun back then, testing, making customs, huge maps, and deal hunting. It's cool to go back and look at some of those notes as some of it ended up in the final versions.

My hope....Hasbro realizes soon that the Golden Age of board games seems to be right now. They have a solid system in place they own rights to, why not give the dice another roll and see what comes of it. One could hope.
Lol don't worry, you didn't come across as bragging.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Hasbro or WoTC bringing back 'Scape would be a good thing, because while we'd get more stuff, it might not feel the same, or it would be different, I'm sure we'd all be pleased that we have more toys to play with, but HS might lose some of it's magic. We saw what happened with AoTP, AoTP felt like it was supposed to be a revival of scape, but it died pretty quickly, didn't latch on to as many newcomers and Scapers as it was supposed to, it tried to keep things fresh with new mechanics, but that made the game less accessible to new players, and it didn't even acknowledge scape or include a way to mix which turned many people away. If Hasbro were to do anything with Scape, I would almost prefer that they just print more stuff, more older figures so that common people can get them, more terrain, etc. Although i'm sure very few people would complain about new scape, it might be difficult to incorporate into the community. A lot of strategy articles would become outdated, the new balancing system might be different and so point costs would be out of whack screwing up tourney rules. Custom creators would have to revise some of their customs to fit with the changes. More Heroscape would be great, but it could hurt the community a little.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!