Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Workshop Thread

@BiggaBullfrog I have been trying to figure out how to rework Obsidian Wastes to remove the 2nd layer as you suggested, and I just can't find a way to make it work with the flat 3rd layer that now becomes the second. When I envision reworks for maps I look at their play areas as all the same terrain to focus more on the game play than anything else. When I do that after removing the 2nd layer, I'm left with an incredibly flat map that doesn't look fun to play on. It feels so bland and flat that I really can't help but hate it, and it doesn't feel like a map I would want to make. Since that approach wasn't working, I focused on something else you said, to the effect of making the start zones more intuitive. I moved them closer together, and made their shape very uniform and easy to identify. In the process I rearranged a number of hexes, and I feel that this made enough a difference to justify asking you to take a second look.

What do you think?